Progress update: June 2017

Progress update: June 2017

Image Source

Progress update: June 2017

First draft stage

  • Superstruct – Instant Reality Book One: 166,442 – 99% complete (+13,972 from last month)
  • Hyperstarr – Instant Reality Prequel Two: 25,129 words – 99% complete (+1,025 from last month)

They’re both so close. So close now.

These are the two pieces that I’m actively writing on a daily basis at the moment.

Superstruct will be the first novel released in my Instant Reality series.

Hyperstarr is the 2nd prequel novella for my Instant Reality series.

By the time I finish the whole series, the current plan is to have three full length books and three novellas. The full length books will explore the main arc of the story, with the prequels filling in what has happened with some of the characters immediately before the start of Superstruct. There may be other stories exploring even further back in the timeline, but we’ll see.

Second draft stage

  • Hypervayne – Instant Reality Prequel Three: 34,725 words – 0% complete

Hypervayne is the third part of my Instant Reality set of prequel novellas. I’ve completed the first draft but won’t start editing it until Superstruct and Hyperstarr are complete.

Developmental editing

Following the Skype consultation with Harry, I’ve now made a final pass of both of these and they are with him for checking.

  • The Machine – Sci-fi: 3,644 words
  • Bad Hands – Cyberpunk: 3,162 words

Unusually, they both needed words adding, not taken away. Mainly to add more detail in a couple of key areas. No spoilers though, you’ll have to wait and see.

Proof reading

  • Theatre of Death, – Dystopian: 3,438 words

And the final story I’m working on is the Theatre of Death, a Dystopian short story exploring humanity’s fate in the future.
This has now been checked twice by Laurie, my copy editor. It’ll soon be off for proof reading.

Concept stage

  • Seat 14C, – Sci-fi time travel: 0 words

I found about about a writing competition called Seat 14C, and over the past week have been wracking my brains to try and come up with a story.
As usual, I’ve been using Harry’s story framework for this to make sure that I’m homing in on the correct core components.
I’ve now got an idea, a beginning, which is the easy bit as it’s given to you by the competition, and an end.
I’ll probably start writing this next week.

That’s all for June.

Cheers, Craig.

Craig Lea Gordon - Transmit

Leave a reply